Thursday, July 05, 2007

July is here and its hot out

So it's been a while since last posting. Milly and Louie and I have been trying to remember which friends have which stuff and also trying to figure out how to get out of our storage unit.
Almost all of my trucks are home, Cept one that a guy I will never be able to adequately thank has been allowing to hang out at his place. Right now, since it is a big (BIG) van we are planning to bring it by the storage on the mighty Texas Rollback trailer , load all the rest of the boxes and couple bits of furniture into it,along with the minty mighty Norge gas range which I have been finding parts to modernize, and just park it out back in the outback of the house.
The weather has been getting more and more onerous , and I have been doing a lot of stuff outside, with my son. My hair which has been really long since 1978, has been starting to get to be a nuisance. I decided a couple weeks ago to donate it to "Locks of Love" so that a kid getting chemo or some other hair threatening treatment can get a "hair prosthetic" as they call it...
I washed it and conditioned it a couple days ago and again this morning, My son who is pretty good at haircutting showed up around 9 and the process began.. First some "before" pictures with my diminutive canine companion, then dividing it up with some of them clips the hairdressers use.. then making a pile of little Wolfen ponytails on the kitchen table.. then scissoring to a rough approximation of a more "55" looking haircut then then buzzers to get it closer, Maybe I'll post an "after" picture after I get used to it but for now.. I had my heart set on a mohican, like my other son had had but my hair had been used to being middle parted for the last almost 30 or so years and it was having NONE of behaving .. so I have a shorter middle parted haircut with goo in it till it mellows out... anyhow ...


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


this chunk of hair is just about 17" long and the short parts average a foot long.
I hope it is able to help someone... Or honestly I'd have been to stubborn to cut it.


and here is the link to "Locks of love" if anyone else has a sudden lapse of follicular sanity



Locks of Love

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I will look forward to seeing the "after" effect...

7:50 PM  
Blogger Woolfey said...

On Who???
It hasn't defected me like I thought it might...

8:26 AM  
Blogger Vince Wylde said...

Yeah, I am waiting for the long awaited "after" picture. I can't imagine furball senior without his mop especially since I am growing mine back.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Woolfey said...

Well Vinnie kins You should grow yours back... And Mine is finally feeling right... after surprising the heck out of folks who never come here..

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home